This week was recycle week, and to celebrate such an event Amazon have been donating £5 to WRAP, a sustainability charity for each WEEE item returned to Amazon for recycling under its waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) take-back programme.
Although recycle week has been ongoing from the 20th – 26th September, Amazon will be running their incentive and making donations to WRAP until the 31st of October 2021, with a goal of 20,000 items.
The Amazon take-back programme provides a solution to the environmental issues that come with disposing electronic items in landfill. Considering that Amazon is a major player when it comes to the sale of electronic items it is good to see them providing a sustainable way for consumers to recycle their purchases.
How Amazon’s take-back programme works
Using the programme is simple and free, you can even have items collected.
- Visit www.amazon.co.uk/recycling
- Request a prepaid label
- Gather up to 5 small old electrical and electronic equipment
- Prepare the package. You can reuse your pre-used Amazon packaging (Amazon boxes)
- Print and attach the prepaid label you received by email to the front of the package
- Bring your package to one of the UPS drop-off points or arrange a home collection
UK Recycle Week (20th September to 26th September 2021) is the nation’s annual celebration of recycling, when retailers, brands, waste management companies, trade associations, governments and the media come together to achieve one goal: to galvanise the public into recycling more of the right things, more often.Amazon • AMAZON FBA • Amazon News • MAKE MONEY WITH AMAZON FBA • Marketplaces • Merchants News • News • SELL ON AMAZON • WRAP