Jack Dorsey, the CEO of Twitter – one of the largest social media platforms on Earth – said that Bitcoin will be a big part of the company’s future.
- Yesterday, July 22nd, Twitter published its Q2 2021 letter to shareholders, as well as its Q2 Earnings Conference Call.
- During the call, Jack Dorsey discussed many things, but Bitcoin and digital currencies took somewhat of a central stage, especially in light of current events and the fact that he’s been talking about it quite a bit.
I think this [read: Bitcoin] has a big part of our future. I think there’s a lot of innovation above just currency to be had, especially as we think about decentralizing social media more and providing more economic incentive. So I think it’s hugely important to Twitter and to Twitter shareholders that we continue to look at the space and invest aggressively in it. – Said Dorsey.
- He also stressed on the fact that if there were a global currency of the Internet, Twitter would benefit a lot because it could move quickly with some of its products such as the Tip Jar, Subscription, Commerce, Super Follows, and so forth.
- The CEO has been quite vocal about the importance of Bitcoin and its mass adoption.
- Earlier, as reported by CryptoPotato, the CEO revealed that his financial services company, Square, plans to build a hardware Bitcoin wallet to improve and spread its adoption.
BLOCKCHAIN NEWS • crypto news