Grayscale has appointed David LaValle, a former executive at Alerian and S-Network Global Indexes, to help the company on its way to having a BTC ETF approved in the States.
- As announced earlier on August 4th, the leading digital asset manager has enhanced its endeavors to launch a Bitcoin ETF through a new addition to the team.
- David LaValle has become the new Senior Managing Director and Global Head of ETFs, who will report directly to the company’s CEO – Michael Sonnenshein.
- Previously, LaValle served as Chief Executive Officer of Alerian and S-Network Global Indexes – an independent index provider focused on building innovative investment strategies.
- According to the statement, Grayscale’s new executive has a “diverse background that spans the entire ETF landscape.”
“There’s been a fundamental shift in investor preferences, directly impacting wealth managers and the asset management industry. I’m delighted by the opportunity to leverage my broad experience to work with Michael [Sonnenshein] and the Grayscale team to advance this digital evolution.” – LaValle commented.
- He also confirmed the firm’s plans to develop and eventually launch an exchange-traded fund tracking the performance of Bitcoin and other digital assets in the future.
- Grayscale previously outlined its long-term strategy to convert its largest product – the Bitcoin Trust – into an ETF. So far, though, the US Securities and Exchange Commission is yet to approve such a product.
- The SEC Chairman – Gary Gensler – recently indicated that a BTC ETF will see the light of day in the US only after the watchdog is confident that it’s safe enough for all types of investors.
- While the USA continues to reject ETF applications, Canada has already approved three such products, and they have garnered billions of dollars in the past several months.
Binance Futures 50 USDT FREE Voucher: Use this link to register & get 10% off fees and 50 USDT when trading 500 USDT (limited offer).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 50% free bonus on any deposit up to 1 BTC.
BLOCKCHAIN NEWS • crypto news