According to a Friday PR, Gaming platform Overwolf is making an investment in SYN CITY, a blockchain-based Mafia Metaverse gaming platform, which is formally opening on January 8.
- With over 95,000 creators, Overwolf is a significant player in user-generated gaming content. SYN CITY is a brand new platform built on blockchain and intends to offer a gaming experience in the metaverse.
- The latter promises to bring gameplays on mafia and crime syndicate themes. Built by experienced game developers, the on-chain gaming experience will work on an in-governance protocol called Mafia-as-a-DAO (MaaD).
- SYN City will have SYN as its native token that will offer players opportunities to earn rewards. Gaming contests involving syndicates in metaverse including cross-chain tournaments will be available on the platform, said the release.
Commenting on the development, Roy Liu, Co-founder of Syn City, said, “Successful social platforms and metaverse projects must let creators generate content for friends, clients, and other ecosystem participants. As a result, metaverse gaming continues to gain momentum and evolve, with a strong focus on social networking.”
- SYN CITY’s Mafia Metaverse has piqued interest among investors as it has already received $8 million in funding from Twitch, Animoca Brands, Project Galaxy, Huobi Ventures, and others.
“SYN CITY’s commitment to UGC both in-game and on-chain by introducing a unique in-game governance feature called Mafia-as-a-DAO (MaaD) is a very exciting development in the P2E space,” said Shahar Sorek, Overwolf CMO.
- Like Overwolf, SYN CITY intends to tap opportunities in user-generated gaming content by offering creators opportunities to create, share, and monetize in-game items – apps and mods.
- Apart from investments, SYN CITY is also looking to find ways to integrate with the Overwolf platform so that creators on its platform can benefit and monetize their works on a larger scale.
BLOCKCHAIN NEWS • crypto news