The US food chain giant Shake Shack is reportedly offering its customers BTC as a reward for spending money at their burger chain using Cash App.
- Shake Shack is an American fast-casual restaurant that’s based in New York City. It has locations in multiple countries and over 6,000 employees.
- According to a recent report on The Wall Street Journal, the chain has teamed up with Block Inc’s Cash App to offer Bitcoin as a reward for purchases that are made at their burger chain.
- Supposedly, users will be able to receive 15% of their purchase back in the form of BTC on any Shake Shack purchase that they make with a Cash Card.
- Cash Card is a debit card that’s available to Cash App users.
- Users will be able to find the promotion in the Cash App, and it will supposedly be active until mid-March.
- Per the report, the effort is in a bid to see if the food chain can reach younger customers and see if they are interested in other cryptocurrency options.
- Speaking on the matter was Jay Livingston – Chief Marketing Officer of the burger chain, who said:
You’re always trying to place your bets on those things that truly will be meaningful and not waste resources on the ones that won’t.
BLOCKCHAIN NEWS • crypto news